Women influence 80% of all consumer purchase decisions. We’re talking about cars, financial products, homes, consumer electronics, and of course fashion and beauty as well.
Many companies fail to reach this powerful group of consumers because they:
- Still see women as a niche market
- Think in stereotypes: women have more roles in their life than just the busy mom, the happy single, or the career woman
- Think marketing to women means creating separate products for women with pastel colours, flowers and rounded corners
- Design communication from and with a male perspective
- Simply don’t know how to communicate to women
But aren’t women and men the same?
We believe that women and men are equal, but they are not the same.
Women are a different type of consumer:
- They have a more complex, and longer research and purchase process
- Are more interested in the value of a product than features and specs
- Invest precious time in a purchase process, and therefore are likely to become loyal customers
- Are 3 times more likely to share their experiences of a product or brand with other people
With these insights, and continued research on the subject, Sister develops concepts, campaigns and interactive products. We believe that simple but effective ideas and solutions can help companies to reach women while appealing to male consumers too.